FAQ ID # 727

Last Update : 2016/12/13

UHV Social Networks:

    LinkedIn   UHVconnect   YouTube   Jag Sync   Pinterest

Question / Issue

What do I need to do with my gun if I live in an apartment complex on campus that allows concealed handguns?

Answer / Solution

When not carried on or about a person, handguns must be in a Secure Storage Area, locked compartment of a locked vehicle, or a gun safe.  Gun safes must meet the following requirements:

  1. Be large enough to fully contain all firearms placed in it and provide for secure storage.
  2. Have exterior walls constructed of a minimum 16-gauge steel.
  3. Have a high-strength locking system consisting of a mechanical or electronic combination or biometric lock, and not a key lock.
  4. Be certified to/listed as meeting Underwriters Laboratories Residential Security Container rating standards by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL).
  5. Be physically secured inside the license holder’s residence in a manner that conforms to University of Houston Resident Life and Housing policy.

Direct Link to This FAQ


Back to Top