FAQ ID # 661

Last Update : 2016/12/01

UHV Social Networks:

    LinkedIn   UHVconnect   YouTube   Jag Sync   Pinterest

Question / Issue

What could I do if I know I'm going to fail a class and don't want it to effect my GPA? Is there something I can do to not have that class count against me

Answer / Solution

Since it is after the deadline for students to drop or withdraw, you will need to discuss with your instructor the possibility of having a grade of "W" assigned for the course.  Keep in mind that the instructor is under no obligation to drop you from the course with a grade of "W".  If the instructor does agree to the withdrawal grade, he/she will need to send an email to the Student Records office (, providing your name, student id, and the course information.  

Direct Link to This FAQ


Back to Top