University of Houston-Victoria


FAQ ID # 159

Last Update : 2014/01/02
Rating : 5 Stars               
 Add to favorites
 Print this FAQ

UHV Social Networks:

Question / Issue

Can you still graduate with a D on your transcript if that grade was made in a free elective course and your GPA is higher that a 3.0?

Answer / Solution

It depends on whether you are a graduate student or undergraduate student.  Graduate students cannot have grades of D on their degree plan, but can graduate with a D on their transcript as long as their cumulative grade point average is 3.0 or higher.  Undergraduate students can have a D on their degree plan and transcript, as long as their cumulative grade point average is a 2.0 or higher.  However, certain degree plans have limits on the number of D's.  Please look at the catalog for your particular degree plan as well as visit with your academic advisor.

Direct Link to This FAQ


How would you rate this article?