UHV Employee FAQs

FAQ ID # 1

On the job accident reporting guides
Last Update :2017/03/27

UHV Social Networks:

    LinkedIn   UHVconnect   YouTube   Jag Sync   Pinterest

Question / Issue

I accidentally cut my finger on a paper cutter and will most likely need stitches. Do I need to report this to anyone?

Answer / Solution

Yes. You should always report any job-related injury to your supervisor and the Worker’s Compensation Officer in Human Resources within 24 hours of your injury. You and your supervisor are expected to complete and submit an "Employee's First Report of Injury or Illness" form to Human Resources. Please contact the Human Resources Office at (361) 570-4803 if you have any questions. For more information on the processes, see the Business Services, Campus Safety Manual, Reporting Worker's Compensation Accidents. A Safety & Risk Incident Report will need to be filled out as well.

Related Links

 Reporting Workers' Compensation Accidents

Direct Link to This FAQ